Come and hear about High Speed Internet choices for Shutesbury
A meeting will be held at the Shutesbury Athletic Club
Tuesday, 21st January 2014, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
1. Robert Brooks will give us the details of the cost/benefit analysis that inclined 83% of the Leverett voters to choose to install their own Fiber-Broadband (BB)- to-the-Home system. (owned by their Town and run as a Municipal Utility)
2. He will also tell us about the progress Leverett has made with the installation phase, and how they anticipate completion by the end of this year.
3. Becky Torres will update us on the current understanding of Wired West’s efforts. (expected to be owned and run as a Municipal Utility Cooperative)
4. Question and Answer segment.
5. General discussion - of how to evaluate and make the best choice for the Town of Shutesbury?
This meeting is being organized by Graeme Sephton at the request of a bunch of other town residents. He is the cable plant engineer at UMass, responsible for installing and maintaining all fiber and copper communications cable on that campus.
Robert Brooks serves on the Leverett Broadband Committee, which is in charge of their fiber installation.
Becky Torres is Shutesbury’s delegate to Wired West
Craig T Martin