Hi everyone! Tomorrow on the Wendell Town Common from 10-1pm:
Sugarbush Farm will have maple syrup and cookbooks.
Joyfarm will have organic, free-range fertile pastured eggs, fruit-infused
maple syrup and assorted plants.
Laughing Dog Farm will have collards, kale, chard, beet greens, lettuce,
beets, garlic, shallots, snow and snap peas, cut flowers + (lil' white
bunny holding) ...and more!
New Wendell Farm will have, in addition to CSA distribution, the following
extras to sell:
bunched greens, hukurei turnips, snow and snap peas, culinary sage bunches,
and head lettuce. *Head lettuce will be on sale this weekend, 2 for $4*!
Don't forget to eat your veggies this weekend, folks! The romaine is huge--
make some big, crunchy caesar salads to go along with your BBQ. Romaine
also gives the perfect crunch to fresh-grilled burgers.
In addition: Shelley Hines here, of Wellness Shines. This Saturday, July 2nd, I shall be offering Asian Bodywork (Shiatsu) and Energy Healing for the Body, Mind & Spirit. I'm available from 10am-1pm and shall be booking onsite, as well as ahead of time with a call from you, to me, at 508-631-6376. If anyone who has already experienced my healing work and feels inclined to share some feedback, that would be awesome.
Looking forward to our time together!
*Sugarbush* Farm will have 100% maple syrup and maple cookbooks! (That's me!)
*Laughing Dog Farm* will have chard, beet greens, kale, collards, lettuce,
garlic, snow peas, flowers and more, (Danny and Divya!)
*Lori Mars will be offering Integrated Bodywork*
Unwind from your busy week with Integrated Bodywork by Lori Mars. I meld
various techniques to relieve muscular skeletal tension and pain, bringing
balance and ease to your body. You may call me today, Fri. to sign up
early, or sign in @ the market tomorrow....or just show up between 10 am
*New Wendell Farm* will have head lettuce, bagged salad lettuce, bunched
greens sugar snap peas and kitchen herbs (sage, thyme, etc)
New Wendell Farm is Caro's. Come meet our newest CSA!
1997 Volvo 960 wagon. $700. Runs, but has several issues. Passed inspection last year. Solid body with almost no rust. HUGE back when the seats are down. Good for a contractor, station car, or first car for new driver. Put a tow hitch on this baby and haul that trailer anywhere! There may be several issues with the car, but they can be overcome. Have an open mind, and come take it away.
The “Made in Shutesbury” Holiday Shop is going to be fantastic! The Function Room at the Shutesbury Athletic Club will be filled with beautiful handcrafted items, books, gift certificates and more. The Shop will be open Dec. 14 from 6-9; Dec. 15 from 12-6; Dec. 16 from 1-6. Cash, Check, and Debit/credit are welcome. The Shutesbury Athletic Club will be open for business during shop hours so feel free to grab a beer, glass of wine, coffee, tea, soda, etc to sip while you shop. It’s located at 262 Wendell Rd., a little over a mile from the Post Office. Call 259-1474 if you need directions.
We have had some great new developments.
• Ron and Adrian Meck will be performing on guitar and fiddle from 1-3 on Saturday.
• Sales of Shutesbury logo items (t-shirts, mugs, etc) will benefit the elementary school 5/6 grade.
• The Shutesbury Afterschool Program will have small craft items made by the children for sale.
We have a truly amazing group of talented artisans, authors, and businesses. Here is some of what you can expect…
• Assorted paintings, soaps (John Walter)
• Barn hoodies, cowl neck scarves (Debra Pichanick)
• Beaded hair clips and jewelry (Kaya LeLacheur, Peace, Love, and Platypuses
• Book of poetry (Robert Clark)
• Candles in birch (Jen Dolan)
• Chenille weaving (Susan Loring Wells)
• Children's books (Paul Jacobs & Jennifer Swender)
• Crochet blanket, hats, and more (Colleen Chudzik)
• Dishtowels and other Christmas crafts (Michelle Wheeler)
• Felted scarves, small felted animals, felted soaps (Nina Compagnon, Nina's Fiber Arts)
• Gift certificates for holistic healing (Kristen Avonti)
• Gift Certificates for integrative acupressure (Karen Traub)
• Hazelwood necklaces (Kristen Lee)
• Herbal formulas (Jade Alicandro, Milk and Honey Herbs)
• Holiday ornaments, potholders (Jody Powell)
• Impressionistic nature photography (Leslie Cerier)
• Jewelry and knit hats (Sue Essig, Natures Hues)
• Jewelry from Metal and Stone (Joie Ciepala, Tre Sorelle Jewelry)
• Jewelry from upcycled items, paintings (Tani Anaya, EcoTai Jewelry)
• Klezmer music CDs (Brian Bender)
• Massage and body oils, bath Salts, floral Waters, organic healing salves, organic lip balms (Tanya Shersnow, Moon Butterfly Herbals)
• Natural therapy pillows, tote bags, cuddle dogs, beaded dragonflies and Christmas spiders (Melinda LeLacheur, Dragonfly Designs)
• Nature Photography (Maili Page)
• Painted glassware (Colleen Campbell)
• Painted tables, knitted baby hats/mitts (Liz Armstrong)
• Photographs of the Lake Wyola Area and notecards (Cathy Lawlor)
• Pouch puppets, butterfly marionettes, holiday cards (Ana Sobel)
• Shutesbury Cookbook (Shutesbury Community Church)
• Wampum Jewelry (David Dann)
• Watercolor paintings (Edith Hunsberger)
• Braided Bracelets to benefit Smile Train ( SES 6th grader Larkin Campbell Morton’s Bat Mitzvah project)
• Commemorative items from Shutesbury's 250 celebration
• Dean’s Bean’s Shutesbury coffee (S-Curve, etc) – sales benefit the Friends of the Library
• Shutesbury logo merchandise (sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats, mugs...) Sales benefit the elementary school 5/6 grade
• Small creations by students in the SES Afterschool program.
Seeking crafty folks and cooks for easy fundraiser for the Montague Grange!
People of all ages come to the Grange for the day one weekend before mid-December, make gifts at stations led by our town's talented craftspeople, eat a delicious lunch, drinks and snacks made by the neighbors, and walk out with a bagful of completed gifts for their families and friends.
Offer activities like beaded earrings, felted baby booties, hand-blown glass ornaments, and all manner of twiggy, herbal, fabric, up-cycled, and colorful handmade gifts, far less expensive than any participants could buy at the store, for the slew of birthdays and holidays coming up! You can use inexpensive materials; we need you to donate or secure donated materials. We can help with this.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pledge your craft skills, food donations and teaching time, or for more info. Sign up by the end of this week, October 30th. If we do not have enough crafts and volunteers by the end of the week we will start signing people up for 2012!
Oct 16th, 2010
Departs Gill at 7am sharp
*another pick up at Sheldon Field in Northampton at 7:20
Arrive in Manhattan approx 10:30
Do as you please until 6:30 pm
Arrive back in town around 11pm
Cost is $38/person
Please contact me for questions or reservations at 978-544-8836 or 413-475-0142 email: email@example.com
Two Black-and-white kittens born March 20 are looking for a home; one male, one female. These kittens are really cute, playful, cuddly and intelligent. Would like to see them go to one home together, but will separate. Call 413-548-9394. Diane
The Montague Soapbox Race committee is looking for sources of hay. This would be what's officially called "crap hay" -- the lowest quality stuff that can still be baled and used as safety siding for a soapbox race.
We will need about 800 bales for about six hours.
So, either we rent the bales, or we split the cost of buying bales with someone who is buying that much hay, and have it sit on the road for an afternoon before being transported to the new owner.
I combine the wisdom of astrology with the vibrational healing of flower essence remedies to help people of all ages move toward greater happiness and well being. See my website astroessence.com for complete listing of consultations and readings.
Great Mother's Day gift! Also neckties for Dads. I make dyes from plants, and create intricate and unique patterns on silk scarves, neckties, camisoles, pillows. See my online shop at zeldezplantwear.etsy.com
many more available that aren't listed there!
I See my website at astroessence.com or my online shop at AstroEssence.etsy.com
I am always happy to uplift the wellbeing of local folks. Flower essences are all natural remedies helpful for any issue in life. Children respond really well to them. I have many single and combination essences made right here in Shutesbury.
Hello, I am a trained and experienced Arborist offering my services to restore your gangly, shapeless, overgrown evergreens back to looking great in your yard! References available. My name is Karen and you can call me about pruning your evergreens at 978-544-0105.
I am making this announcement because April through May is a good time to have your evergreens pruned. Proper pruning keeps them looking green, nicely shaped, and the right size for their context in your landscape! Yews, cedars, junipers and others will appreciate pruning now so they will fill out during the growing season and look great through winter.
Have some evergreens that need professional care? I would love to hear from you! Reasonable rates.
Are your trees and shrubs scraggly, winter-damaged, “water-sprouting” or “suckering”?
Do you desire your fruit trees and flowering shrubs to produce more gorgeous blooms (and fruit if fruit-bearing)?
Would you like to see your summer-flowering shrubs more shapely, healthier, and more manageable?
Trained and Experienced Aboriculturalist available to handle your Ornamental Shrubs & Trees Fruit-bearing Bushes & Trees.
Increase, enhance, and support your investment!
Call for rates and a free on-site consult.
Scheduling for March-April pruning.
Call 978-544-0105. Ask for Karen.
Valentine’s Day Gifts-leave no doubt about what you mean!
Valentine’s Day Gifts that leave no doubt about what you mean!
Beeswax Heart Votives, Floating Heart Candles, Gift-wrapped Dinner Tapers…
All candles are beeswax, honey-scented for aphrodisiacs!
Place your orders today to be ready for the big day (and, mmm! Night!)
1 in. tall, 1.5 inch wide Heart Votives: $16.80 for 6, 3 hour burn time
3 in. wide Floating Heart Candles: $2.00 ea.; 1 hour burn time
1.5 in. Floating Heart Candles: $1.75 ea.; 1 hour burn time
9 in. tall Taper pair gift-wrapped handsomely with red tissue in a box: $14.00 ea.; 10 hr. burn time
Stock limited. Call Karen at 978-544-0105 for availability.
Expert Pruning By a Trained and Experienced Professional!
Ornamental Shrubs & Trees, Fruit-bearing Bushes & Trees Yearly pruning
? Extends the life of your shrubs & trees
? Produces abundant flowers
? Supports local bee populations
? Increases fruit production
? Makes ‘em look great!
? Increases property values
Also offered: Revival of old orchard trees; Troubleshooting unproductive orchards;
Removal of dead orchard trees; New Orchard planning and planting
Call for rates and to schedule February-March pruning.
978-544-0105 Ask for Karen.