The “Made in Shutesbury” Holiday Shop is going to be fantastic! The Function Room at the Shutesbury Athletic Club will be filled with beautiful handcrafted items, books, gift certificates and more. The Shop will be open Dec. 14 from 6-9; Dec. 15 from 12-6; Dec. 16 from 1-6. Cash, Check, and Debit/credit are welcome. The Shutesbury Athletic Club will be open for business during shop hours so feel free to grab a beer, glass of wine, coffee, tea, soda, etc to sip while you shop. It’s located at 262 Wendell Rd., a little over a mile from the Post Office. Call 259-1474 if you need directions.
We have had some great new developments.
• Ron and Adrian Meck will be performing on guitar and fiddle from 1-3 on Saturday.
• Sales of Shutesbury logo items (t-shirts, mugs, etc) will benefit the elementary school 5/6 grade.
• The Shutesbury Afterschool Program will have small craft items made by the children for sale.
We have a truly amazing group of talented artisans, authors, and businesses. Here is some of what you can expect…
• Assorted paintings, soaps (John Walter)
• Barn hoodies, cowl neck scarves (Debra Pichanick)
• Beaded hair clips and jewelry (Kaya LeLacheur, Peace, Love, and Platypuses
• Book of poetry (Robert Clark)
• Candles in birch (Jen Dolan)
• Chenille weaving (Susan Loring Wells)
• Children's books (Paul Jacobs & Jennifer Swender)
• Crochet blanket, hats, and more (Colleen Chudzik)
• Dishtowels and other Christmas crafts (Michelle Wheeler)
• Felted scarves, small felted animals, felted soaps (Nina Compagnon, Nina's Fiber Arts)
• Gift certificates for holistic healing (Kristen Avonti)
• Gift Certificates for integrative acupressure (Karen Traub)
• Hazelwood necklaces (Kristen Lee)
• Herbal formulas (Jade Alicandro, Milk and Honey Herbs)
• Holiday ornaments, potholders (Jody Powell)
• Impressionistic nature photography (Leslie Cerier)
• Jewelry and knit hats (Sue Essig, Natures Hues)
• Jewelry from Metal and Stone (Joie Ciepala, Tre Sorelle Jewelry)
• Jewelry from upcycled items, paintings (Tani Anaya, EcoTai Jewelry)
• Klezmer music CDs (Brian Bender)
• Massage and body oils, bath Salts, floral Waters, organic healing salves, organic lip balms (Tanya Shersnow, Moon Butterfly Herbals)
• Natural therapy pillows, tote bags, cuddle dogs, beaded dragonflies and Christmas spiders (Melinda LeLacheur, Dragonfly Designs)
• Nature Photography (Maili Page)
• Painted glassware (Colleen Campbell)
• Painted tables, knitted baby hats/mitts (Liz Armstrong)
• Photographs of the Lake Wyola Area and notecards (Cathy Lawlor)
• Pouch puppets, butterfly marionettes, holiday cards (Ana Sobel)
• Shutesbury Cookbook (Shutesbury Community Church)
• Wampum Jewelry (David Dann)
• Watercolor paintings (Edith Hunsberger)
• Braided Bracelets to benefit Smile Train ( SES 6th grader Larkin Campbell Morton’s Bat Mitzvah project)
• Commemorative items from Shutesbury's 250 celebration
• Dean’s Bean’s Shutesbury coffee (S-Curve, etc) – sales benefit the Friends of the Library
• Shutesbury logo merchandise (sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats, mugs...) Sales benefit the elementary school 5/6 grade
• Small creations by students in the SES Afterschool program.